What to do with yourself in the weeks after the ARCs go out?
Serious, dedicated, professional indie authors—if such animals exist—will have a list of productive tasks to occupy themselves.
- They might work on their website. Mine is good enough for now, so no.
- They might get ahead on their blogging efforts by drafting new posts. I could barely come up with this idea, so no.
- They might work on their mailing list. B O R I N G, so no.
- They might be working on their advertising plan. I don’t have any money, so no. I am however waiting for Whizbuzz to let me create my ad in the week leading up to March 31, so that’s something.
- They might create teasers. I’m not inclined to give too much away in short reads—the SPOILER effect—so no. Excerpts from reviews are something I will create posts for, if and when they start coming in.
There is a direct correlation between booby pics on my @EroticYou twitter page and my level of boredom.
- Scrolling my twitter feed for naughtiness is fun, so yes.
- Searching sexy media for this blog is fun, so yes.
- Inviting your hot neighbour over for wine and bad decisions is fun, so yes.