I forgot [or suppressed] how tough this author stuff is.
It was a sunny summer day when I committed to writing an erotica e-book, and here I am twenty three weeks later, wondering how this happened.
Where has the time gone? What have I done?
I remember telling a friend: ‘I’m just doing the bare minimum this time around so I should be able to publish in about a month.’ That was in September. I partied like a rock star in October and November so I’m pretty sure no writing happened. December brought more holidays. . . It’s not my fault.
Somewhere along the way. . .
- One story became three.
- I wrote >50,000 words.
- I scrapped my old twitter page in favour of three new ones which serve to “keep ’em separated”. *Pauses to head bang.*
- I built this website.
- I copyrighted the work.
- I designed a bunch of covers for my alpha-readers to choose from. [If everyone hates the cover, it’s on them.]
- I secured licensing of the cover image.
- I created four book cover variations.
- I then converted those into “3D” book cover jpegs for marketing purposes.
- I wrote the blurb for A Taken Tale.
- One or two more passes editing and revising A Taken Tale.
- Uploading to Draft2Digital. Amazon will not be able to f-ck with this one unless they acquire D2D.
- Making ARC’s available.
- Compiling a list of supporting book bloggers and contacting each with all the necessary tools they will need.
- An official cover reveal for A Taken Tale which coincides with ARC availability.
- Once the early reviews start coming in, a release date will be announced. I would guess mid-March is the earliest we can hope for at this point.
- Whizbuzz Books is the likely social media promoter of choice at this time.
Lathe, rinse, repeat two more times.
I would expect An Online Tale and A Seduction Tale to follow in each successive month following the first release.
Nah, nah. No vacation for me; at least not a long one.
Ideally the Trilogy paperback will be released September 1 which presents a whole new set of challenges meeting IngramSpark’s POD criteria.